Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare’s Kawana Waters Aged Care Residence, luxury residence accommodating up to 159 beds, located on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, is recruiting for a permanent part-time Catering Team Member.
Reporting to the Chef Manager, you will assist in preparation of our quality, fresh-cook meals and provide excellent service to the residents.
On offer is 46 hours per fortnight made up of varied week day and weekend shifts. Start and finish times will be anytime between 6.30 am to 8.30 pm. You will be notified of your rostered hours a fortnight in advance, but at times, we may call you at short notice to provide leave coverage. Penalties apply according to the Aged Care Award 2010.
To succeed, you will possess experience, knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Experience working in a bulk catering role in an aged/health care environment
- Competent in food preparation, plating and serving
- Ability to step up to undertake the cooking function in the absence of your manager (desirable)
- Safe food handling practices and knowledge of HACCP
- Excellent and prompt food service/post-meal time cleaning skills
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Strong customer service ethos and empathy for the elderly
- Knowledge and adherence to Work Health and Safety guidelines.
Our training division assists you to maintain the currency of your hospitality skills and knowledge.
Apply now, addressing your application via SEEK to the Facility Manager.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 23rd June 2021.
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.
Our aged care residences are smoke-free workplaces.
TriCare does not consider applications received through, or from, recruiters.