Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare’s Pt Vernon Aged Care Residence, our 56 bed facility in an idyllic location on the Esplanade at Hervey Bay, is recruiting for a full time Chef Manager to provide palatable, fresh cook meals and efficient dining service for our residents. The Chef Manager also ensures high standards in hygiene in our modern kitchen and dining rooms.
This is a salaried position with working hours comprising of Monday to Friday day shifts.
Essential to the role are the following criteria:
- Ability to direct a kitchen team, maintain/improve food service systems, organise training, manage rosters and personnel
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (or other relevant qualification)
- Previous Aged Care experience preferred
- Enthusiasm for catering for the resident according to care/dietary plans
- Proven understanding of food safety standards
- A warm personality and a flexible attitude to working hours
- Well-developed literacy, numeracy and communication skills
- Ability to improve levels of service and compliance
- Knowledge and adherence to Work Health and Safety legislation and policies
- Ability to keep accurate records and suggest improvements to work practices.
Skills, experience and qualifications that are considered advantageous are:
- Experience in preparation of fresh cook meals suitable for aged care residents
- Experience with texture modified foods and understanding of nutritional requirements for the elderly
- Possession of a Food Safety Supervisor Statement of Attainment
- Financial budgeting experience.
Apply now, as we will interview suitable applicants as they are received, addressing your application via SEEK to Karen Slack, Facility Manager.
Closing Date: Friday, 6th August 2021.
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.
Our aged care residences are non-smoking workplaces.
TriCare does not consider applications received through, or from, recruiters.