Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare’s Bayview Place Aged Care Residence, a modern and recently refurbished 86 bed residence in Runaway Bay, Gold Coast North seeking an experienced, permanent part-time Cook able to cook meals according to our planned menu and ensure fresh, quality meals are served to our residents.
Reporting to the Chef Manager, you will be responsible for assisting the Chef and Chef Manager in the preparation of all meals from breakfast to supper, according to our fresh cook meal recipes and high quality, fresh cook standards.
On offer is 40 hours per fortnight made up of varied week day and weekend shifts. The spread of hours can be between 6.00 am to 8.00 pm and we can consider your current commitments when planning your shifts. More hours may be available to meet operational requirements. Attractive penalty rates are paid for working on weekends. Penalties apply according to the Aged Care Award 2010.
To succeed, you will possess experience, knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Experience working in a bulk catering role preferably in an aged/health care environment
- Competent in food preparation and plating
- Ability to step up to undertake the cooking function in the absence of your manager
- Capable of prioritising work within established routines, methods and procedures
- Safe food handling practices and knowledge of HACCP
- Post-meal time cleaning of kitchen
- Working well under limited supervision, either individually or in a team
- Possess sound communication and maths skills
- Strong customer service ethos and empathy for the elderly
- A Food Supervisor/hospitality qualification (advantageous)
- Adherence to Work Health and Safety guidelines.
If you are passionate about food services and working in the aged care industry, act now to secure this rewarding role.
Apply now, addressing your application via SEEK to the Facility Manager.
Closing Date: Friday, 25th June 2021.
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.
Our aged care residences are non-smoking workplaces.