Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare’s Jindalee Aged Care Residence, our 93 bed facility, located 12 km south-west from Brisbane’s central business district, is recruiting for a permanent part-time Lifestyle Team Member.
We are seeking an outgoing person who encourages residents to participate in leisurely pursuits for their health and emotional, social and cultural well-being. The position is a pivotal hands-on role that requires innovation and imagination to provide effective coordination and facilitation of the aged care residence lifestyle program.
Your role will consist of varied duties, activities and planning, in both a group, and one-to-one setting, designed to enrich the lives of all residents. The position currently requires 60 hours per fortnight, however additional hours may be assigned due to operational requirements.
You will be an ideal candidate if you possess the following:
- Experience in coordinating high quality lifestyle activities (preferably in an aged care/healthcare setting)
- Ability to complete concise notes and accurate documentation
- Ability to equip and maintain activity areas and provide a safe environment
- Ability to establish and maintain community networks
- A Certificate IV in Leisure and Health (or other relevant qualification)
- A Certificate 3 in Individual Support/Aged Care (advantageous)
- Demonstrated ability to lead and support Lifestyle Team Members
- Efficiency in use of tablet technologies/clinical management software
- Intermediate+ skills in the use of common Microsoft applications
- A strong desire to work with the aged
You will have excellent verbal communication skills, have a positive manner and demonstrate your friendly nature when encouraging residents to participate in activities and events. Skills in crafts, music, gardening or alternative therapies will be considered favourably.
Apply Now, addressing your application via SEEK to the Facility Manager.
Closing Date: Friday, 25th June 2021.
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.
TriCare’s aged care residences are smoke-free workplaces.
Applicants from recruiters will only be considered after the advertisement has closed.