Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare’s Runaway Retirement Community, located in Gold Coast North, is recruiting for an experienced permanent part-time Maintenance Officer.
This rewarding role is offering a 9 day fortnight/ 67.5 hours consisting of:-
- Week 1 – 8am – 4pm – Monday to Friday
- Week 2 – 8am – 4pm – Monday to Thursday
Reporting to the Village Manager, your role is to support the maintenance team leader in ensuring the highest possible standards of repair, presentation and safety to the retirement community assets.
The following tasks are carried out:-
- Maintenance – Undertake minor property maintenance and repairs
- Gardens and Grounds Maintenance – Including mulching and refurbishment of gardens
- Janitorial and Outdoor Cleaning – Maintenance of exterior presentation, including buildings, windows, pathways, BBQ areas, outdoor furniture, and disposal of waste
- Pool Cleaning – Maintaining water quality, use of correct chemicals and cleaners and maintenance of pool pumps and filters
- Administration – Assist with audits of the retirement community and provide maintenance issues and actions reports.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:-
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role
- Sound maintenance skills with a broad range of applications
- Sound knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety procedures
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Current First Aid qualifications (i.e. if not, must obtain prior to appointment)
- Garden / Landscaping experience (advantageous)
- Driver Licence (Class MR) for relief village bus driver duties (preferred).
If this sounds like just the role you have been looking for, who can demonstrate commitment to high standards of work and the utmost consideration towards our residents, please submit your application to Malcolm Payne, Village Managervia SEEK.
Closing date: Friday, 7th May 2021.
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.
TriCare does not consider applications received through, or from, recruiters.