Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare’s Annerley Aged Care Residence, our 59 bed facility, located close to Southbank and the Brisbane CBD, is recruiting for a Maintenance Operator.
Reporting to the Facility Manager and supported by the Asset Maintenance Manager at TriCare’s Head Office in Brisbane, you will ensure reliable, ongoing operation of plant and equipment and undertake all building maintenance on 45.6hr per fortnight (3 days per week) on a 6 month fixed term contract with possibility of position being made permanent.
It is expected you will:
- Provide high quality workmanship
- Undertake scheduled, preventative and reactive maintenance of building and equipment
- Complete tasks according to agreed deadlines
- Maintain accurate and legible maintenance records
- Use computers efficiently to access and action emails/work requests
- Maintain a safe workplace in accordance with the Work Health & Safety Act 2011
- Oversight of external contractor’s work
- Undertake project work as directed
As an experienced handyperson, you will be competent in performing a wide range of maintenance tasks from simply changing light bulbs to the more difficult jobs such as repairs to cabinetry, painting and more. You will be experienced in carrying out maintenance work in commercial environments.
Further, you will be able to demonstrate good verbal communication and respectful manner with residents, families, colleagues and contractors.
Previous experience in the Aged Care environment will be highly regarded.
Apply Now addressing your application via SEEK to Meleana Tupou, Facility Manager.
Closing Date: Friday, 26th March 2021.
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.
Our aged care residences are non-smoking workplaces.
View the position description by visiting www.tricare.com.au/careers
TriCare does not consider applications received through, or from, recruiters.