Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Full Time,Project Manager – Developments who will manage the construction of building assets from design through to commissioning.
- Manage design, documentation, tender, construction, handover and commissioning of building assets.
- Monitor and report on construction activities being undertaken by external contractors.
- Ensure quality and strict adherence to contract requirements, drawings and specifications.
- Protect TriCare’s interests during the construction of any new asset
The main duties of the role include:
- Read and interpret plans and specifications
- Review design documents and specifications, identify inconsistencies, mark up modifications and suggest improvements
- Obtain statutory approvals
- Read, interrogate and produce project programmes and schedules
- Prepare tender documentation
- Continuously monitor construction activities and quality on site to ensure contractors maintain compliance with the requirements of:
- The construction contract including the Principal’s Project Requirements.
- All design drawings, specifications and other documentation.
- The National Construction Code
- The Development Approval
- The Building Approval
- The QFES Approval
- Any other statutory authority requirement
- Any other legislative requirement
- Monitor progress and report against contract programme
- Ensure all matters are raised with the Development Manager as they arise that may lead to negative outcomes for TriCare
- Prepare and coordinate responses to RFI’s, Variation requests and any other contract documentation
- Collate and ensure site documentation such as ITP’s and the like are completed correctly and in accordance with contract and quality management plan
- Monitor general safety performance and standard of external contractors
- Coordinate and manage any other minor works and undertake any other task as required by the Developments Manager
- Undertake defects inspections and constant defect monitoring
- Coordinate and ensure close out of defects during construction and the DLP
- Assist the Developments Department in achieving continuous improvement goals
The right candidate will possess skills, experience and personal attributes that include:
- Ability to write clear, cohesive and concise reports
- A high level of computer literacy with specific skills in the Microsoft Office suite and BlueBeam (or Acrobat Pro)
- Experience working with external documents and defects management applications
- Working knowledge of basic contract law
- Working knowledge of WHS legislation and contractor obligations
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar roles
- a tertiary qualification in Construction Management or a related discipline (such as Engineering or building design and the like); or
- significant relatable work experience, preferably with a QBCC builder or supervisor licence to at least a medium rise standard
- Open driver’s licence
- Construction Industry Blue/White Card
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
On offer is a competitive salary package working for an established growth company in a dynamic industry. Apply now by submitting your resume addressed to Martin Payne, Developments Manager.
Closing Date: 23 May 2021
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997
Our Aged Care Residences are smoke-free workplaces.
TriCare does not consider applications received through, or from, recruiters