Village Services Officer – Compton Gardens Retirement Community
- Part Time
Established for 50 years, TriCare is a provider of aged care and retirement communities in South East Queensland.
TriCare’s Compton Gardens Retirement Community, located in Aspley on Brisbane’s northside, is seeking a permanent part-time Village Services Officer.
This rewarding permanent part-time role is offering 37.5 hours per fortnight:
- Week 1 Shift – Monday and Tuesday: 9:30am – 5:30pm
- Week 2 Shift – Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday: 9:30am – 5:30pm
Penalty rates apply to the weekend shifts under the Aged Care Award. Must be able to work weekends and nights when required to cover leave.
Reporting to the Village Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Responding to emergency situations and providing immediate first aid (if required)
- Cleaning common areas
- Maintaining accurate written records in all areas
- Providing assistance to residents
- Assisting with meal services.
Skills, experience and attributes required for the role are:
- Emergency response experience and knowledge of relevant procedures
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills
- Domestic cleaning experience
- First Aid and CPR certificates (can obtain prior to commencement)
- Holder of an open “C Class” driver licence (to drive the golf buggy)
- Understanding of Work Health and Safety policies and procedures.
If you are the type of person who enjoys interacting with mature people, assisting residents and being empathetic to their needs, act now! Submit your cover letter and resume to Solie Cochrane, Assistant Village Manager.
Closing Date: Monday, 1 June 2020
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.
Applicants from recruiters will only be considered after the advertisement has closed
To view the position description, visit www.tricare.com.au/careers