Catering Team Member (Casual)
Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare’s Labrador Aged Care Residence, our refurbished 70 bed facility facing The Broadwater on the Gold Coast, is seeking an experienced, casual Catering Team Member. Reporting to the Chef Manager, you will assist in preparation of our quality, fresh-cook meals and provide excellent service to the residents.
If your lifestyle allows some flexibility around working hours, we have varied week day and weekend shifts available. Start and finish times will be anytime between 6.30 am to 8.00 pm. You will be notified of your rostered hours a fortnight in advance, but at times, we may call you at short notice to provide leave coverage. You will receive 25% casual loading on top of your base hourly rate and penalties as they apply according to the Aged Care Award 2010.
To succeed, you will possess experience, knowledge and skills in the following areas:-
- Experience working in a bulk catering role in an aged/health care environment
- Competent in food preparation, plating and serving
- Ability to step up to undertake the cooking function in the absence of your manager (desirable)
- Safe food handling practices and knowledge of HACCP
- Excellent and prompt food service/post-meal time cleaning skills
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Strong customer service ethos and empathy for the elderly
- Adherence to Work Health and Safety guidelines.
Our training division at Head Office will assist in maintaining the currency of your hospitality skills and knowledge.
Your role has scope to become permanent part-time in the future if this is your goal!
Don’t delay – Apply now, following the prompts and addressing your application to Kelly Burns, Facility Manager.
Or Post: 71 Brighton Street, Biggera Waters Qld 4216
Closing Date: Tuesday, 11 December 2018
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.
Our aged care residences are smoke-free workplaces.