Catering Team Member – Casual
Established for 50 years, TriCare is a provider of aged care and retirement communities in South East Queensland.
TriCare’s Cypress Gardens Aged Care Residence, a newly-built 141 bed luxury facility in Clear Island Waters on the Gold Coast, is seeking an experienced, casual Catering Team Member. Reporting to the Chef Manager, you will assist in preparation of our quality, fresh-cook meals and provide excellent service to the residents.
On offer is up to 60 hours per fortnight made up of varied week day and weekend shifts. Start and finish times will be anytime between 6.30 am to 8.30 pm. You will be notified of your rostered hours a fortnight in advance, but at times, we may call you at short notice to provide leave coverage. Penalties apply according to the Aged Care Award 2010.
To succeed, you will possess experience, knowledge and skills in the following areas:-
- Experience working in a bulk catering role in an aged/health care environment
- Competent in food preparation, plating and serving
- Ability to step up to undertake the cooking function in the absence of your manager (desirable)
- Safe food handling practices and knowledge of HACCP
- Excellent and prompt food service/post-meal time cleaning skills
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Strong customer service ethos and empathy for the elderly
- Knowledge and adherence to Work Health and Safety guidelines.
Our training division assists you to maintain the currency of your hospitality skills and knowledge.
Don’t delay – Apply now, follow the prompts to submit your cover letter and resume to Judy Carter, Facility Manager.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2019
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.
Our aged care residences are smoke-free workplaces.