TriCare’s Point Vernon Aged Care Residence, caring for up to 57 residents and located on the Esplanade at Hervey Bay, is recruiting for a full time Chef Manager to ensure the utmost in quality, fresh cook meals and efficient dining service for our residents.
You will report to the Facility Manager. Working for TriCare allows you to claim back your weekends. This is a salaried position where you generally work Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm – no more night shifts!
Essential to the role are the following criteria:
- Ability to direct a kitchen team, set up food service systems, organise training, manage rosters and personnel
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Chef/Cook in the aged or healthcare sectors; or other bulk catering environment, supported by a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery, or equivalent
- Catering for the resident – your regular customer
- Proven understanding of food safety standards
- A warm personality and a flexible attitude to working hours
- Well-developed literacy, numeracy and communication skills
- Ability to improve levels of service and compliance
- Knowledge of work health and safety and the safe use of cleaning chemicals/detergents
- Ability to keep accurate records and suggest improvements to work practices.
Skills, experience and qualifications that are considered advantageous are:
- Experience in preparation of fresh cook meals suitable for aged care residents
- Experience with texture modified foods and understanding of nutrition and hydration requirements for the elderly
- Food Safety Supervisor qualification
- Financial budgeting experience.
If you are keen to provide a high standard in food services to our residents, follow the prompts to submit your application to Vicki Civill, Facility Manager or post to 193 The Esplanade, Point Vernon, QLD 4655.
Closing Date: Friday, 8 February 2019
It is a requirement of this position that TriCare holds a current
police certificate for the applicant prior to commencement.
Our aged care residences are smoke-free workplaces.