Chef Manager (Full time – Fixed Term – 3 month contract)
- Fixed Contract
Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare’s Toowoomba Aged Care Residence, our 81 bed facility close to the top of the range, is recruiting for a full time Chef Manager (for a 3 month fixed term) to provide quality, fresh cook meals and efficient dining service for our residents. The Chef Manager also ensures high standards in hygiene in our kitchen and dining rooms.
You will report to the Facility Manager. Our refurbished facility features a brand new kitchen incorporating the latest commercial catering equipment.
Essential to the role are the following criteria:-
- Ability to direct a kitchen team, maintain/improve food service systems, and, manage rosters and personnel
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Chef/Cook in the aged care/health sector or bulk catering environment, supported by a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (or other relevant qualification)
- Enthusiasm for catering for the resident according to care/dietary plans
- Proven understanding of food safety standards
- Competent in training/mentoring of Chefs/Cooks
- A warm personality and a flexible attitude to working hours
- Well-developed literacy, numeracy and communication skills
- Ability to improve levels of service and compliance
- Knowledge of work health and safety and the safe use of cleaning chemicals/detergents
- Ability to keep accurate records and suggest improvements to work practices.
Skills, experience and qualifications considered to be advantageous for this role:-
- Experience in cooking fresh cook meals in an aged care environment
- Experience with texture modified foods
- Understanding of nutritional requirements for the elderly
- Training experience (and possession of Cert IV in Training and Assessment)
- Food Safety Supervisor qualification
- Financial budgeting experience.
Apply now to work in a pleasant work environment with management support. Follow the prompts to submit your cover letter and resume to Ivan Benko, Facility Manager.
Closing Date: Monday, 17 December 2018
It is a requirement of this position that TriCare holds a current police certificate for the applicant prior to commencement.
Our aged care residences are smoke-free workplaces.