Cook – Casual
Established for 50 years, TriCare is a provider of aged care and retirement communities in South East Queensland.
TriCare’s Cypress Gardens Aged Care Residence, our 141 bed facility in Clear Island Waters, located on the Gold Coast, is seeking an experienced, casual Cook.
Reporting to the Chef Manager, you will be responsible for assisting the Chef and Chef Manager in the preparation of all meals from breakfast to supper, according to our fresh cook meal recipes and high quality, fresh cook standards.
On offer is up to 60 hours per fortnight, comprising of varied shifts, including weekends and weekday shifts. You will be renumerated with 25% casual leave loading on top of your base hourly rate.
To succeed, you will possess experience, knowledge and skills in the following areas:-
- Experience working in a bulk catering role preferably in an aged/health care environment
- Competent in food preparation and plating
- Ability to step up to undertake the cooking function in the absence of your manager
- Capable of prioritising work within established routines, methods and procedures
- Safe food handling practices and knowledge of HACCP
- Post-meal time cleaning of kitchen
- Working well under limited supervision, either individually or in a team
- Possess sound communication and maths skills
- Strong customer service ethos and empathy for the elderly
- A Food Supervisor / hospitality qualification (advantageous)
- Adherence to Work Health and Safety guidelines.
If you are passionate about food services and working in the aged care industry, act now to secure this rewarding role.
Please follow the prompts to submit your cover letter and resume to Judy Carter, Facility Manager.
Closing Date: Friday, 26 July 2019
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.
Our aged care residences are smoke-free workplaces.