Food Services Assistant (32 hours per fortnight)
- Part Time
Established for 50 years, TriCare is a provider of aged care and retirement communities in South East Queensland.
TriCare’s Compton Gardens Retirement Community, located in Aspley on Brisbane’s northside, is currently recruiting for an experienced, permanent part time Food Services Assistant.
Reporting to the Village Manager, you will assist in food preparation and cooking home-style meals from our menu and maintain our kitchen to a hygienic standard. This role offers ~31 hours per fortnight of varied shifts including some weekend work. Penalty payments are applicable to the weekend shifts according to the Aged Care Award 2010. Additional relief shifts may be available in food services and housekeeping.
Your duties will be as follows:-
- Provide assistance with food preparation, cooking and plating
- Timely service of meals to residents/dining room
- Adherence to food safety principles/HACCP
- Efficient stock control – contributing to on-time ordering
- Maintain accurate kitchen records
- Set up of dining room as required.
You will possess the following skills, experience and attributes:-
- Safe Food Handling Certificate
- First Aid qualifications, including CPR (must have on commencement)
- Driver licence (for driving of retirement community golf buggy)
- A positive, helpful demeanour conducive to working in a team environment
- Empathy in dealing with our residents and families/visitors
- Cleaning experience in a healthcare or hospitality environment (advantageous)
- Professional, clean appearance as expected in food service environments
- Commitment to high standards and attention to detail.
If you are passionate about food service and working in the retirement living industry, act now and submit your application online to Solie Cochrane, Village Manager.
or Post to 97 Albany Creek Road, Aspley Qld 4034
Closing Date: Friday, 22 February 2019