Food Services Assistant/Cook (PPT)
- Part Time
Established for 50 years, TriCare is a provider of aged care and retirement communities in South East Queensland.
TriCare’s Runaway Bay Retirement Community, located in Gold Coast North, is currently recruiting for an experienced, permanent part-time Food Services Assistant.
+ relief shifts in food, cleaning or village services
Reporting to the Village Manager, you will assist in preparing home-style meals from our menu and maintain our kitchen to a hygienic standard. This role offers 4 shifts, ~30 hours per fortnight, encompassing two weekday and two weekend shifts. Penalty payments are applicable to the weekend shifts according to the Aged Care Award 2010. Additional relief shifts may be available in food, cleaning and village services.
Your duties will be as follows:-
- Provide assistance with food preparation, cooking and plating
- Relief of Chef Manager role as required
- Timely service of meals to residents/dining room
- Adherence to food safety principles/HACCP
- Efficient stock control – contributing to on-time ordering
- Maintain accurate kitchen records
- Set up of dining room as required.
To perform this role successfully, you will possess:-
- Commercial Cookery experience (2+ years)
- Safe Food Handling Certificate
- First Aid qualifications, including CPR (must have on commencement)
- A positive, helpful demeanour conducive to working in a team environment
- Empathy in dealing with our residents and families/visitors
- Professional, clean appearance as expected in food service environments
- Commitment to high standards and attention to detail.
If you are passionate about food service and working in the retirement living industry, act now! Follow the prompts to submit your cover letter and resume Malcolm Payne, Village Manager.
Closing Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2019.