Food Services Assistant – PPT
- Part Time
Established for 50 years, TriCare is a provider of aged care and retirement communities in South East Queensland.
TriCare’s Compton Gardens Retirement Community, located in Aspley on Brisbane’s northside, is currently recruiting for an experienced, permanent part time Food Services Assistant.
Reporting to the Village Manager, you will assist in food preparation and cooking home-style meals from our menu and maintain our kitchen to a hygienic standard. This role offers 39.5 hours per fortnight of varied shifts including alternative weekend shifts. Penalty payments are applicable to the weekend shifts according to the Aged Care Award 2010. Additional relief shifts may be available in food services and housekeeping.
Your duties will be as follows:
- Provide assistance with food preparation, cooking and plating
- Timely service of meals to residents/dining room
- Adherence to food safety principles/HACCP
- Efficient stock control – contributing to on-time ordering
- Maintain accurate kitchen records
- Set up of dining room as required.
You will possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Minimum 2 years working in a commercial kitchen
- Sound knowledge and experience with catering operations
- Safe Food Handling Certificate
- First Aid qualifications, including CPR (must have on commencement)
- A positive, helpful demeanour conducive to working in a team environment
- Empathy in dealing with our residents and families/visitors
- Professional, clean appearance as expected in food service environments
- Commitment to high standards and attention to detail.
If you are passionate about food services and working in the retirement living industry, act now. Follow the prompts to submit your cover letter and resume to Sandra Lasserre, Village Manager.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2019