Grounds Maintenance Operator (Gardener)
- Full Time
Established for 50 years, TriCare is a provider of aged care and retirement communities in South East Queensland.
TriCare’s Hayville Retirement Community, located at Box Hill South in Melbourne, is recruiting for an experienced, full time Grounds Maintenance Operator (Gardener).
Reporting to the Village Manager, your role ensures that residents have the landscaped surrounds maintained for their enjoyment and quality of living. Your tasks may also include assistance with village maintenance.
You will be responsible for these tasks which are carried out according to the schedule and as needed:-
- Garden Care – Pruning of shrubs and hedges, control and spray of weeds, removal of green waste and minor re-landscaping
- Common areas/pathways – Keeping pathways and outdoor recreation areas free from weeds and debris
- Maintenance – Assist with basic mechanical repairs and maintenance; and care for assets such as tools, equipment and vehicles
Skills, experience and attributes required for the role are:-
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in a Retirement Community or Residential environment preferred
- Keen interest in gardening and landscaping along with good physical fitness
- Good communication and polite manner
- Drivers Licence
- Current first aid qualifications
Possession of certificate qualifications in horticulture and weed spraying, though not essential, are certainly advantageous.
If this sounds like just the role you have been looking for, please follow the prompts to submit your cover letter and resume to Rosy Sambuco, Village Manager.
Closing date: Friday, 19 July 2019