Group Chef Manager (Aged Care)
- Full Time
Established for 50 years, TriCare is a provider of aged care and retirement communities in South East Queensland.
TriCare is excited to offer this inaugural role within our leadership team for a full time Group Chef Manager with extensive experience in high volume aged/healthcare environments.
Reporting to the Aged Care Manager, and working in conjunction with three Regional Managers, you will be tasked with aligning the quality, standards and procedures of our hospitality/food services operations across multiple sites. Your role requires travel to our aged care residences throughout South East Queensland and Wide Bay-Burnett regions.
You will be a strong, passionate leader who will deliver on your responsibilities including:-
- Managing / delegating 15 Chef Managers
- Maximising resident satisfaction
- Streamlining efficiencies; review menus, products and prices
- Reducing and managing operational / food costs
- Development of budgets and regular monitoring of budgets-v-actual costs
- Regular review and improvement in texture modification, allergy management, food delivery options, for e.g. culturally specific
- Research/implement new concepts in dining service, for e.g. grazing stations
- Ensuring all sites are consistently adhering to HACCP and all applicable legislation
- Submitting timely management/human resources reports for all services
- Coordinating quarterly Chef Manager Workshops
- Planning/procurement of supplies and equipment for existing sites
- Commissioning kitchen operations in future developments.
Additional qualifications and attributes include:-
- Chef / Food Safety Supervisor Qualifications
- Multi-site experience (preferred)
- Training qualifications and training delivery experience (preferred)
- Strong Computer skills in Microsoft Suite / Outlook, especially Excel
- Effective time management skills and flexible approach to working hours
- Excellent presentation and culinary skills
- Police Check clearance / Class C Driver Licence.
Apply now to take up this rewarding role for a company that has plans for the future of aged care. On offer is an attractive salary package.
Address your cover letter and resume to Samantha Staite, Aged Care Manager.
Closing Date: Friday, 25 January 2019
It is a requirement of this position that TriCare holds a current police certificate for the applicant prior to commencement.
Our head office and aged care residences are smoke-free workplaces.