- Full Time
Established for 50 years, TriCare is a provider of aged care and retirement communities in South East Queensland.
TriCare’s Upper Mount Gravatt Aged Care Residence, a 60 bed facility located on Brisbane’s southside, has a vacancy for an experienced full time Maintenance Operator.
Reporting to the Director of Nursing and supported by the Property Asset Manager at TriCare’s Head Office in Brisbane, you will ensure reliable, ongoing operation of plant and equipment and undertake all building maintenance. Your role will be split into 4 weekdays based at the aged care residence and 1 weekday working with our Central Crew (Mount Gravatt). Your role with Central Crew will see you working at varied TriCare sites located in Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast. Working hours are 8.00 am to 4.36 pm.
It is expected that you will:-
- Provide high quality workmanship
- Undertake scheduled, preventative and reactive maintenance of building and equipment
- Complete tasks according to agreed deadlines
- Maintain accurate and legible maintenance records
- Use computers efficiently to access and action emails/work requests
- Maintain a safe workplace in accordance with the Work Health & Safety Act 2011
- Oversight external contractors’ work
- Undertake project work as directed.
Our Maintenance Operators are competent in performing a wide range of maintenance tasks from simply changing light bulbs to the more difficult jobs such as repairs to cabinetry, painting and more. You will be experienced in carrying out maintenance work in commercial environments. A formal trade or maintenance related qualification is desirable, but not essential.
Further, you will be able to demonstrate good verbal communication and a respectful manner with residents, families, colleagues and contractors.
Click on Apply Now if you are keen to work for a growth company in a collaborate team environment. Please send your cover letter and resume to Ravinder Kaur, Director of Nursing.
Closing Date: Friday, 8 February 2019
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997
Our Aged Care Residences are smokefree workplaces