Village Services Officer
- Part Time
Established for 50 years, TriCare is a provider of aged care and retirement communities in South East Queensland.
Cypress Gardens Retirement Community, a well-established retirement community on the Gold Coast, is seeking a permanent part-time Village Services Officer for night shifts.
This rewarding role is offering 56 hours per fortnight; overnight shifts including sleepovers; Monday to Thursday of each week. Typically your shifts will be worked between 5 pm and 8.30 am. Overnight stays are necessary to respond to any emergencies on site and a sleepover allowance and a penalty payment are payable under the Aged Care Award.
Reporting to the Village Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Responding to emergency situations and providing immediate first aid (if required)
- Cleaning common areas
- Maintaining accurate written records in all areas
- Providing assistance to residents
- Assisting with meal services.
Skills, experience and attributes required for the role are:
- Emergency response experience and knowledge of relevant procedures
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills
- Domestic cleaning experience
- First Aid and CPR certificates (can obtain prior to commencement)
- Holder of an open “C Class” driver licence (to drive the golf buggy)
- Understanding of Work Health and Safety policies and procedures.
If you are the type of person who enjoys interacting with mature people, assisting residents and being empathetic to their needs, act now! Submit your cover letter and resume to Tracy Rawlings, Village Manager.
Closing Date: Monday, 30 March 2020
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.
TriCare’s Aged Care Residences are non-smoking workplaces
To view the position description, visit www.tricare.com.au/careers