Privacy Collection Statement
To prospective clients & to TriCare residents, clients and their representatives
When you apply to become a resident at one of TriCare's aged care residences or retirement communities, or, to receive other aged care services, TriCare Limited (TriCare) collects your personal information such as your name and address and other information relevant to your inquiry. TriCare collects this information to process your application to reside at a TriCare aged care residence or retirement community, or, to receive aged care services.
We also collect personal information in order to provide you with accommodation and/or aged care services and to develop care plans. The Aged Care Act 1997 (Cth) requires us to collect and hold detailed personal information including health information relating to your care, health status and interactions with health professionals and about any accommodation payments that you have made.
Wherever possible, we will collect this information from you directly (for example, on a residency application form). However we also collect personal information from other parties including an Aged Care Assessment Team, Medicare, Centrelink or from your doctor or other health professionals involved in your care, or your relatives or carers.
The kinds of people and organisations that we may disclose your personal information to include:
- your treating doctor and other health care professionals and service providers who are involved in your care;
- Medicare, Centrelink and the Commonwealth Department of Health;
- individuals legally responsible for your care decisions (guardians and attorneys) and relatives, carers and others who are involved in your care, provided this is not contrary to your express wishes;
- persons authorised to undertake accreditation activities at our aged care residences or retirement communities;
- legal advisors, financial planners, placement service operators or brokers; and
- other facilities if you move from your current facility.
Your personal information may be disclosed in response to a subpoena or other legal order or obligation, for example, from the QCAT regarding guardianship or administration.
If we do not collect your personal information, we may be unable to provide you with aged care services or to admit you as a resident to one of our aged care residences or retirement communities.
For any enquiries or requests please contact the Privacy Officer, TriCare Limited, 250 Newnham Road, Mt Gravatt Qld 4122 (PO Box 439, Mt Gravatt Qld 4122), Phone: (07) 3360 9040, Fax: (07) 3360 9107, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.