Established for over 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s leading privately owned retirement communities and aged care residences.
We have an opportunity for an accounting manager to coach, lead and motivate our accounts team of 12 in a permanent fulltime capacity. The ideal candidate would have the technical skills, expertise and experience in managing teams.
Daily Responsibilities include:
- Monitor daily progress of work undertaken by the team, assist with streamlining and finding efficiencies of same.
- Prepare and review monthly financial reports for accuracy and ensure they meet reporting requirements and expectation.
- Prepare and maintain quarterly cash flow projections for a 12-month rolling period.
- Prioritising workflow of accounting services team.
- Oversee and direct the preparation of year end work papers to ensure audit timetable is adhered to and auditors are effectively managed.
- Monitor bank and cash flow activities of the organisation.
- Develop and foster an environment of continuous improvement to maximise productivity and effectiveness.
- Understand and monitor resident billing and commonwealth funding system to ensure all possible income is achieved.
- Manage the accounting services team performance, output, ensuring key deliverables are met in a timely manner and meeting expectations.
Skills and experience required, include:
- Multi entity reporting including consolidations.
- Minimum of 10 years of accounting experience in a supervisory position.
- Degree Qualifies with CPA / CA equivalent.
- Knowledge of principles of debtors, creditors, accounting, and auditing standards.
- Understanding of general taxation principles.
- Well developed communication skills, both written and verbal including an ability to prepare high level reports to Directors and executives.
- Ability to drive and motivate the accounting services team to continually improve.
- Preparation of financial statement
- Year end audit process
On offer for this role:
- Permanent position with competitive salary package.
- Joining a reputable organisation within the aged care industry
- Free onsite car parking and discounted health care insurance
- Supportive and dedicated work environment
Apply now via seek, addressing your application to the Finance Manager.
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997. Our aged care residences are smoke-free workplaces. TriCare does not consider applications received through, or from, recruiters.