Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare is recruiting for an experienced, qualified professional for the role of Assistant Accounting Manager (full time) to work at TriCare’s Head Office in Mount Gravatt on Brisbane’s Southside. This hands-on role involves direct supervision of a team with responsibility for all accounting/general ledger functions, and functional supervision of staff responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll, incorporating 50+ entities and 1600+ employees.
- Ensure procedures and systems are in place to produce accurate management and financial information
- Develop and foster an environment of continual improvement and support for accounting staff
- Preparation of monthly management reports
- Preparation of annual budgets
- Preparation of year-end financial statements and income tax returns, as necessary
- 2IC to the Accounting Manager
Key requirements, skills and experience:
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in accounting – some supervisory experience
- Experience in taxation, particularly preparation of company tax returns
- Degree qualified (CPA or equivalent)
- Ability to efficiently manage accounting systems and processes
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly analytical with proven problem-solving skills
- Advanced computer skills (Excel and financial management software)
- Appropriate human resource management skills and experience
Please submit your resume and a cover letter (no more than one page), addressing your application to the Accounting Manager.
The closing date for applications is: Thursday, 27 May 2021.
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997
TriCare does not consider applications received through, or from, recruiters.