Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare is offering an excellent management opportunity for a full-time Assistant Village Manager to join our Mount Gravatt Retirement Community, a well-established retirement community on Brisbane’s southside.
The Assistant Village Manager plays a key role in the day to day operations of the Village, maintaining effective communications with residents and staff, participating in sales for the Village, sponsoring a positive environment and promoting the respected TriCare brand.
The role is primarily Monday – Friday, however availability is required to occasionally work on the weekend and to fill a night shift on an ad hoc basis.
Key requirements, skills and experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a management role
- Assisting the Village Manager with the day-to-day operation and administration of the retirement community
- Reception, clerical support and data entry
- Basic book-keeping – accounts payable, petty cash, ordering and monthly accounts
- General office procedures and maintenance of effective administrative systems
- Commitment to high standards and continuous improvement
- Patience and approachability in all dealings with residents, relatives and visitors
- Neat and professional appearance
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Open “C Class” driver licence
- Respond to sales enquiries at the village and conduct tours with prospective residents and their families
- Keeping residents informed of village policies and procedures
- Relief management of the Retirement Community as required
- Participate in Emergency On Call system and first aid (occasional nights and weekends on an adhoc basis).
- Develop professional relationships with clients and external supplier
- Assist with purchasing, accounting processes, village administration and procedures for payroll.
- Assist in HR processes and people management.
Current First Aid certification is required, however, you may obtain this if appointed. Your customer service, communication and presentation skills must be of a high standard as you liaise with the residents and their families, the public, contractors and TriCare employees on site and at head office.
Your advanced communication and management skills will enhance relationships with our residents and their families, TriCare peers, contractors and employees. We envisage that you are passionate about sales and marketing, and customer service.
We offer a competitive salary package for the right applicant, ongoing career development and opportunities to meet with your peers (we own and manage 9 retirement communities).
Evidence of current Flu Vaccination and full COVID-19 vaccination are mandatory requirements of the role.
Closing Date: Friday, 25th February 2022
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.
TriCare does not consider applications received through, or from, recruiters.