Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
We are recruiting for a Care and Compliance Complaints Coordinator, based at our Head Office in Mt Gravatt. This is a full-time position, reporting to the Group Care and Compliance Manager.
The Care and Compliance Complaints Coordinator is responsible for assisting in investigating and responding to complaints on resident care, services and accommodation. The position provides support in the development of professional and clinically appropriate responses to effectively manage external complaints and additionally is a key identifier of improvement opportunities. This position assists the Group Care and Compliance Manager to maintain compliance with the Aged Care Quality Standards, effectively manage external complaints and maintain favourable working relationships and corporate reputation with internal and external stakeholders.
The main duties of the role are:
External Complaints Management and Response Coordination
- Administration of complaints by logging and updates progress in TriCare’s complaints management database
- Work with Facility Managers and Clinical Managers to ensure all external complaints from regulatory and advocacy groups have been thoroughly investigated, and appropriately proactively responded to within the allocated timeframes
- Coordinates the response by ensuring the Facility Manager understands what the complain is and works collaboratively to successfully manage the complaint process
- Advises facilities on corrective actions as required and prepares the final response for the external bodies including the gathering of evidence to support the response
- Where require will conduct comprehensive complaint investigation into matters deemed high risk to the organisation
- Produces final complaint responses to a high standard of professional contact and format and ensures timeframes are met
- Is responsible for monitoring that all improvement actions advised in responses are being progressed by the Aged Care Residence
- Where required may be asked to assist Residential Care & Compliance Coordinators with incident investigation and report writing
- Ensures continuous improvement opportunities are identified and promoted
- Takes part in review and update of Policies and Procedures related to complaints and feedback management
- Actively participates in Care Governance Committee meetings
- Maintains effective working relationships with external bodies, Facility Managers, Clinical Managers and other roles within the Aged Care Divisional Team and wider TriCare Head Office
- Works closely with all Aged Care personnel to keep them informed of external complaints trends
Experience and attributes sought for the role are:
- Experience in Residential Aged Care. At least 5 years senior management experience which involved managing and responding to complaints from both internal and external stakeholders.
- At least 5 years of extensive experience in investigating incidents (staff, resident/patient) and complaints and audit monitoring related activities
- Qualified Nursing or Health Care Professional – current and unrestricted AHPRA registration
- Highly desirable – experience in auditing and quality management, especially in Residential Aged Care or similar sector environment
- Ability to critically analyse and evaluate systems and processes
- Highly developed organisational skills – ability to organise self and others (when required)
- First-hand knowledge of quality principles operating in a service industry
- Understanding of the Aged Care Act 1997 associated Principles and the Aged Care Quality Standards
- Sound computer proficiency in Word and Excel
- Ability to utilise electronic care management systems and other quality related databases
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills to support clear and accurate communication with internal and external customers, including the ability to write correspondence and professional responses and reports for both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to assess and manage risk, work within organisational and legislative requirements and timeframes, make objective recommendations and use specialist judgement and advise when required
- Ability to critically analyse, evaluate and provide considered, planned advice
- Ability to travel to facilities, functions and meetings interstate and intrastate
- Post graduate qualifications in related fields such a business, nursing, quality – desirable
On offer is a competitive salary package, including a car, working for an established growth company in a dynamic industry. Apply now by submitting your application to Lisa Patterson, Group Care and Compliance Manager.
Evidence of current Flu Vaccination and full COVID-19 vaccination are mandatory requirements of the role.
Closing Date: Tuesday 8th March 2022
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997
Our Aged Care Residences are smoke-free workplaces.
Applicants from recruiters will only be considered after the advertisement has closed.