Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare’s Sunnybank Hills Aged Care Residence, a modern and recently refurbished 100 bed residence located on Brisbane’s Southside, is recruiting for a casual Catering & Housekeeping Team Member.
Reporting to the Chef Manager and Housekeeping Team Leader, you will assist in preparation of our quality, fresh-cook meals and ensure that our residents’ home is maintained in a hygienically clean and tidy state and that careful laundering of bed linens and resident laundry is undertaken on time.
On offer are varied shifts – am, pm made up of varied week day and weekend shifts. More hours may be available to meet operational requirements. The spread of hours is 6.00 am to 8.00 pm and we can consider your current commitments when planning your shifts. You will know your rostered hours a fortnight in advance, but at times, we may call you at short notice to provide leave coverage. Penalties apply according to the Aged Care Award 2010.
To succeed, you will possess experience, knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Experience working in a bulk catering role in an aged/health care environment
- Competent in food preparation, plating and serving
- Ability to step up to undertake the cooking function in the absence of your manager (desirable)
- Safe food handling practices and knowledge of HACCP
- Excellent and prompt food service/post-meal time cleaning skills
- Excellent knowledge and skills in cleaning, laundry and infection control
- Aged Care experience is highly regarded
- Hospitality/Healthcare environment laundry team experience (essential)
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Strong customer service ethos and empathy for the elderly
- Knowledge and adherence to Work Health and Safety guidelines.
Evidence of current Flu Vaccination and full COVID-19 vaccination are mandatory requirements of the role.
Our training division assists you to maintain the currency of your hospitality skills and knowledge.
Apply now, addressing your application via SEEK to the Facility Manager.
Closing Date: Friday, 3rd December 2021.
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.
View the position description by visiting www.tricare.com.au/careers
Applicants from recruiters will only be considered after the advertisement has closed.
TriCare does not consider applications received through, or from, recruiters.