Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare’s Kawana Waters Aged Care Residence, a luxury residence accommodating up to 160 beds, located on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, is recruiting for a permanent part-time Catering Team Member.
Reporting to the Chef Manager, you will assist and provide excellent service to the residents.
On offer is 25 hours per fortnight made up of varied weekday and weekend shifts. More hours may be available to meet operational requirements. The spread of hours is 6.00 am to 7:30pm and we can consider your current commitments when planning your shifts. You will know your rostered hours a fortnight in advance, but at times, we may call you at short notice to provide leave coverage. Penalties apply according to the Aged Care Award 2010.
To succeed, you will possess experience, knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Experience working in a bulk catering role in an aged care environment
- Competent in food preparation (light meals only)
- Serving morning and afternoon teas
- Safe food handling practices and knowledge of HACCP
- Washing dishes
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Strong customer service ethos and empathy for the elderly
- Knowledge and adherence to Work Health and Safety guidelines.
Evidence of current Flu Vaccination and full COVID-19 vaccination are mandatory requirements of the role.
Our training division assists you to maintain the currency of your hospitality skills and knowledge.
Apply now, addressing your application via SEEK to the Facility Manager.
Closing Date: Thursday 31st March 2022.
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.
Applicants from recruiters will only be considered after the advertisement has closed.
TriCare does not consider applications received through, or from, recruiters.