Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare’s Compton Gardens Retirement Community, located in Aspley on Brisbane’s northside, is currently recruiting for an experienced, permanent part time Catering Team Member.
Reporting to the Village Manager, you will assist in food preparation and cooking home-style meals from our menu and maintain our kitchen to a hygienic standard. This role offers varied shifts including alternative weekend shifts. Penalty payments are applicable to the weekend shifts according to the Aged Care Award 2010. Hours of work are – Monday & Tuesdays (10:00-13:00); Wednesday to Friday (09:00-15:30) Additional relief shifts may be available.
Your duties will be as follows:
- Provide assistance with food preparation, cooking and plating
- Timely service of meals to resident’s/dining room
- Adherence to food safety principles/HACCP
- Efficient stock control – contributing to on-time ordering
- Maintain accurate kitchen records
- Set up of dining room as required.
You will possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Strong Customer Service experience (specifically elderly people)
- Experience in training/mentoring staff is essential
- Sound knowledge and experience with catering operations
- Safe Food Handling Certificate
- First Aid qualifications, including CPR (must have on commencement)
- A positive, helpful demeanor conducive to working in a team environment
- Empathy in dealing with our residents and families/visitors
- Professional, clean appearance as expected in food service environments
- Commitment to high standards and attention to detail.
- Open drivers license (for driving a golf buggy on site)
If you are passionate about food services and working in the retirement living industry, apply now via SEEK, addressing your application to the Village Manager.
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.