Elderly Care is excited to announce the commissioning of a brand new, state of the art, Aged Care Residence based in Ashgrove. The new residence spans across five levels providing both retirement living and aged care services. Due to open in late October we are currently seeking a capable, aged care experienced Catering Team members to join us and be a part of the inaugural Ashgrove Aged Care Residence team.
Reporting to the Chef Manager this position will be responsible for catering high volume of meals to the aged care residents with highest quality of service and in timely manner.
Ideally the person would have the demonstrable experience working in an Aged Care Residence, or Clinical environment.
Casual catering team member positions are made up of varied weekday and weekend shifts. Start and finish times will be anytime between 6.30 am to 8.30 pm. You will be notified of your rostered hours a fortnight in advance, but at times, we may call you at short notice to provide leave coverage. Penalties apply according to the Aged Care Award 2010.
To succeed, you will possess experience, knowledge, and skills in the following areas:
- Experience working in a bulk catering role in an aged/health care environment.
- Competent in food preparation, plating and serving.
- Ability to step up to undertake the cooking function in the absence of your manager (desirable)
- Safe food handling practices and knowledge of HACCP
- Excellent and prompt food service/post-mealtime cleaning skills
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment.
- Strong customer service ethos and empathy for the elderly
- Knowledge and adherence to Work Health and Safety guidelines.
- Our training division assists you to maintain the currency of your hospitality skills and knowledge.
Apply now, by submitting your cover letter and resume via SEEK to the Facility Manager.
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.Our aged care residences are non-smoking workplaces. Elderly Care does not consider applications received through, or from, recruiters.