Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s leading private owned and managed retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare’s Runaway Bay Retirement Community, located in Gold Coast North, is currently recruiting for an experienced Permanent part time Catering Team Member for 55 hrs per fortnight.
Reporting to the Village Manager, you will assist in the preparation of our quality, fresh-cook meals This will include the timely delivery of meals and beverages to the residents.
You will be notified of your rostered hours a fortnight in advance, but at times, we may call you at short notice to provide leave coverage. Penalties apply according to the Aged Care Award 2010.
Your roster would be Mon & Tue 10 am – 6 pm, Saturday 10 am -6 pm and Sun – from 9 am to 2 pm.
To succeed, you will possess experience, knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Experience working in a bulk catering role in an aged/healthcare environment
- Competent in food preparation, plating and serving
- Ability to step up to undertake the cooking function in the absence of your manager (desirable)
- Safe food handling practices and knowledge of HACCP
- Excellent and prompt food service/post-meal time cleaning skills
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Strong customer service ethos and empathy for the elderly
- Knowledge and adherence to Work Health and Safety guidelines.
Our training division assists you to maintain the currency of your hospitality skills and knowledge.
If you thrive in hospitality supervisory roles, apply now through SEEK, addressing your cover letter and resume to Malcolm Payne, Village Manager.
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.