Our client, TriCare is one of the Queensland’s leading privately owned retirement communities and aged care residences. Elderly care has the privilege to manage the aged care division of the business.
Bundaberg Aged Care Residence, managed by Elderly care, is a modern 86 bed facility in the Wide Bay-Burnett region, is recruiting for experienced permanent part-time Catering Team Members.
Reporting to the Chef Manager, you will assist in preparation of our quality, fresh-cooked meals and provide excellent service to the residents.
On offer is average of 36 hours per fortnight made up of varied weekday and weekend shifts. Start and finish times will be anytime between 6.30 am to 8.30 pm. You will be notified of your rostered hours a fortnight in advance, but at times, we may call you at short notice to provide leave coverage. Penalties apply according to the Aged Care Award 2010.
To succeed, you will possess experience, knowledge, and skills in the following areas:
- Experience working in a bulk catering role in an aged/health care environment.
- Competent in food preparation, plating and serving.
- Ability to step up to undertake the cooking function in the absence of your manager (desirable)
- Safe food handling practices and knowledge of HACCP
- Excellent and prompt food service/post-mealtime cleaning skills
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment.
- Strong customer service ethos and empathy for the elderly
- Knowledge and adherence to Work Health and Safety guidelines.
Our training division assists you to maintain the currency of your hospitality skills and knowledge.
Apply now, by submitting your cover letter and resume via SEEK to the Facility Manager.
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.Our aged care residences are non-smoking workplaces. Elderly Care does not consider applications received through, or from, recruiters.