Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare’s Toowoomba Aged Care Residence, our 73 bed facility located in Mount Lofty, Toowoomba on the Darling Downs, is seeking an experienced, casual Chef able to cook meals according to our planned menu and ensure fresh, quality meals are served to our residents.
Reporting to the Chef Manager, you will assist in preparation of our quality, fresh-cook meals and provide excellent service to the residents. You will also assist in supervising the operations of our fresh-cook kitchen.
Including weekend work, your roster will be provided to you 2 weeks in advance, and usually offers a regular working routine, unless there are special events where we may alter your shifts slightly. Attractive penalty rates are paid for working on weekends.
You are responsible for:
- Efficient and timely preparation of meals and beverages
- Tailoring meals to residents’ dietary requirements and care plans
- Ensuring hygiene and cleanliness of kitchen
- Adherence to HACCP and TriCare policies
- Compliance to accreditation standards
To be successful, your experience and attributes will include:
- Bulk catering/cooking experience in an Aged Care environment
- Supervisory and training skills
- Strong customer service ethos and empathy for the elderly
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (or other relevant qualification)
- Knowledge of Work Health and Safety
- Accurate record keeping
- Enthusiasm for continuous improvement projects.
Evidence of Flu Vaccination and at least 1 dose of a COVID-19 vaccination are mandatory requirements of the role.
Possession of a hospitality qualification and/or food safety supervisor certification will be favourably considered. TriCare provides ongoing training and career development opportunities.
Apply now, via SEEK, addressing your application to the Facility Manager.
Closing Date: Friday, 3 September 2021.
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.
Our aged care residences are non-smoking workplaces.
TriCare does not consider applications received through, or from, recruiters.