Elderly Care is excited to announce the commissioning of a brand new, state-of-the-art, Aged Care Residence based in Ashgrove. The new residence spans across five levels providing both retirement living and aged care services. Due to open in late October we are currently seeking a capable, experienced, and professional Chef to join us and be a part of the inaugural Ashgrove Aged Care Residence team.
Reporting to the Chef Manager, you will assist in the preparation of our quality, fresh-cooked meals and provide excellent service to the residents. You will be required to follow the standards and processes set by the chef manager.
Ideally, the person would have the demonstrable experience working in an Aged Care Residence, or Clinical environment. It’s a great opportunity for someone who wants to learn from industry professionals and grow along the journey.
We are offering up to 60.8 hours per fortnight made up of Thursday to Sunday 8 am to 4 pm. You will also be notified on short notice to provide leave coverage. Penalties apply according to the Aged Care Award 2020.
To succeed, you will possess experience, knowledge, and skills in the following areas:
- Experience working in a bulk catering role in an aged/healthcare environment.
- Competent in food preparation, plating, and serving.
- Ability to step up to undertake the cooking function in the absence of your manager (desirable)
- Capable of prioritizing work within established routines, methods, and procedures
- Safe food handling practices and knowledge of HACCP
- Excellent and prompt food service/post-mealtime cleaning skills
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment.
- Strong customer service ethos and empathy for the elderly
- Knowledge and adherence to Work Health and Safety guidelines.
Our training assists you in maintaining the credibility of your hospitality skills and knowledge.
Apply now, by submitting your cover letter and resume via SEEK to the Facility Manager.
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997. Our aged care residences are non-smoking workplaces. TriCare does not consider applications received through, or from, recruiters.