Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare’s Bundaberg Aged Care Residence, our modern 86 bed facility in the Wide Bay-Burnett region, is seeking an experienced, casual Chef/Cook able to cook meals according to our planned menu and ensure fresh, quality meals are served to our residents.
Reporting to the Chef Manager, you will assist in preparation of our quality, fresh-cook meals and provide excellent service to the residents. You will also assist in supervising the operations of our fresh-cook kitchen.
The position is to relieve the Chef and weekend cook during annual leave, public holidays, and other related operational absences. The roster will be provided to you 2 weeks in advance. More hours may be available to meet operational requirements. Attractive penalty rates are paid for working on weekends.
You are responsible for:
- Efficient and timely preparation of meals and beverages
- Tailoring meals to residents’ dietary requirements and care plans
- Ensuring hygiene and cleanliness of kitchen
- Adherence to HACCP and TriCare policies
- Compliance to accreditation standards
To be successful, your experience and attributes will include:
- Bulk catering/cooking experience in an Aged Care environment (3 years)
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (or other relevant qualification)
- Supervisory and training skills
- Strong customer service ethos and empathy for the elderly
- Knowledge of Work Health and Safety
- Accurate record keeping
- Enthusiasm for continuous improvement projects.
Evidence of current Flu Vaccination and full COVID-19 vaccination are mandatory requirements of the role.
Possession of a hospitality qualification and/or food safety supervisor certification will be favourably considered. TriCare provides ongoing training and career development opportunities.
Apply now, addressing your application via SEEK to the Facility Manager.
Closing Date: Saturday, 13 November 2021
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.
Applicants from recruiters will only be considered after the advertisement has closed.
TriCare does not consider applications received through, or from, recruiters.