Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare’s Bundaberg Aged Care Residence, a modern 86 bed facility located in the Wide Bay-Burnett region is recruiting for an experienced full time Chef Manager to provide palatable, fresh cooked meals and efficient dining service for our residents. The Chef Manager also ensures high standards in hygiene in our modern kitchen and dining rooms.
This is a salaried position with working hours comprising of Monday to Friday day shifts.
- Ability to direct a kitchen team, maintain/improve food service systems, organise training, manage rosters and personnel
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (or other relevant qualification)
- Previous Aged Care experience preferred
- Enthusiasm for catering for the resident according to care/dietary plans
- Proven understanding of food safety standards
- A warm personality and a flexible attitude to working hours
- Well-developed literacy, numeracy and communication skills
- Ability to improve levels of service and compliance
- Knowledge and adherence to Work Health and Safety legislation and policies
- Ability to keep accurate records and suggest improvements to work practices.
Key requirements, skills and experience:
- Experience in preparation of freshly cooked meals suitable for aged care residents
- Experience with texture modified foods and understanding of nutritional requirements for the elderly
- Possession of a Food Safety Supervisor Statement of Attainment
- Financial budgeting experience.
Evidence of full COVID-19 vaccination is a mandatory requirement of the role.
Apply now, as we will interview suitable applicants as they are received, addressing your application via SEEK totheFacility Manager.
Closing Date: Friday, 7th September 2022.
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.
Our aged care residences are smoke-free workplaces.
TriCare does not consider applications received through, or from, recruiters.