Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare’s Bundaberg Aged Care Residence, our modern 86 bed facility in the Wide Bay-Burnett region, is seeking an experienced casual Cook/Catering Team Member able to fulfil a dual role to cook meals according to our planned menu and ensure fresh quality meals are served to our residents including shifts as our food services team member.
Reporting to the Chef Manager, you will be responsible for assisting the Chef and Chef Manager in the preparation of all meals from breakfast to supper, according to our fresh cook meal recipes and high quality, fresh cook standards.
A variety of shifts are available including relief cook shifts. Hours will vary from 6:30am starts to 7:30pm finishes rotating over a 14 day roster. You will be renumerated with 25% casual leave loading on top of your base hourly rate.
To succeed, you will possess experience, knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Experience working in a bulk catering role preferably in an aged/health care environment
- Competent in food preparation and plating
- Ability to step up to undertake the cooking function in the absence of your manager
- Capable of prioritising work within established routines, methods and procedures
- Safe food handling practices and knowledge of HACCP
- Post-meal time cleaning of kitchen
- Working well under limited supervision, either individually or in a team
- Possess sound communication and maths skills
- Strong customer service ethos and empathy for the elderly
- A Food Supervisor/hospitality qualification (advantageous)
- Adherence to Work Health and Safety guidelines.
Evidence of current Flu Vaccination and full COVID-19 vaccination are mandatory requirements of the role.
If you are passionate about food services and working in the aged care industry, act now to secure this rewarding role.
Apply now, addressing your application via SEEK to Tara Askew, Chef Manager.
Closing Date: Friday, 28th January 2022.
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.
Our aged care residences are non-smoking workplaces.
TriCare does not consider applications received through, or from, recruiters.