Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare’s Runaway Bay Retirement Community, located in Gold Coast North, is currently recruiting for an experienced, permanent part-time Cook-Food Services Assistant.
Reporting to the Village Manager, you will assist in preparing home-style meals from our menu and maintain our kitchen to a hygienic standard. This role offers 4 shifts, ~30 hours per fortnight, encompassing two weekday and two weekend shifts. Penalty payments are applicable to the weekend shifts according to the Aged Care Award 2010.
Your duties will be as follows:-
- Provide assistance with food preparation, cooking and plating
- Relief of Chef Manager role as required
- Timely service of meals to residents/dining room
- Adherence to food safety principles/HACCP
- Efficient stock control – contributing to on-time ordering
- Maintain accurate kitchen records
- Set up of dining room as required.
To perform this role successfully, you will possess:-
- Commercial Cookery experience (2+ years)
- Safe Food Handling Certificate
- First Aid qualifications, including CPR (must have on commencement)
- A positive, helpful demeanour conducive to working in a team environment
- Empathy in dealing with our residents and families/visitors
- Professional, clean appearance as expected in food service environments
- Commitment to high standards and attention to detail.
If you are passionate about food service and working in the retirement living industry, act now and send your application to Malcolm Payne, Village Manager.
Closing Date: Friday 7th January 2022
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.
To view the position description, visit www.tricare.com.au/careers
TriCare does not consider applications received through, or from, recruiters.