Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare’s Runaway Bay Retirement Community, located in Gold Coast North, is currently recruiting for an experienced casual Cook-Food Services Team Leader.
Reporting to the Village Manager, you will ensure the highest quality food services and maintain high standards of hygiene in the retirement community kitchens. This will include the timely delivery of meals and beverages to the residents.
On offer are a variety of hours, where weekday hours are required within Mon to Fri 8am to 6pm and weekends 8am to 3pm. Must be available weekends.
In addition to being a capable supervisor, you possess:
- Experience working in a similar position and environment
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery, or equivalent
- Ability to lead by example (role is hands on)
- Ability to prepare and cook quality meals and undertake all other aspects of food services
- Strong customer service ethos and empathy for the elderly
- Domestic cleaning experience is advantageous
- Knowledge of safe work practices, common catering equipment and cleaning chemicals
- Mentoring skills, especially during orientation and training of new team members
- Ability to keep accurate records and suggest improvements to work practices
You will possess First Aid and Food Safety Supervisor certifications, or, be willing to gain these promptly. In addition, you will be prepared to participate in ongoing training to ensure we maintain quality standards in our kitchens.
Remuneration is according to the Aged Care Award – Level 4 (and associated penalties/allowances).
If you thrive in hospitality supervisory roles, apply now through SEEK, addressing your cover letter and resume to Malcolm Payne, Village Manager.
Closing Date: Thursday, 10th November 2022
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.
TriCare does not consider applications received through, or from, recruiters.