Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare’s Mount Gravatt Retirement Community, a well-established retirement community on Brisbane’s southside, is recruiting for a permanent part-time Cook – Food Services Team Leader.
Reporting to the Chef – Food Services Manager and the Village Manager, you will ensure the highest quality food services and maintain high standards of hygiene in the retirement community kitchens. This will include the timely delivery of meals and beverages to the residents.
On offer are 32 hours per fortnight, working every Saturday and Sunday. We will appreciate your flexibility to cover for annual leave or to be available for functions at the retirement community.
In addition to being a capable supervisor, you possess:
- Experience working in a similar position and environment
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery, or equivalent
- Ability to lead by example (role is hands on)
- Ability to prepare and cook quality meals and undertake all other aspects of food services
- Strong customer service ethos and empathy for the elderly
- Domestic cleaning experience is advantageous
- Knowledge of safe work practices, common catering equipment and cleaning chemicals
- Mentoring skills, especially during orientation and training of new team members
- Ability to keep accurate records and suggest improvements to work practices
You will possess First Aid and Food Safety Supervisor certifications, or, be willing to gain these promptly. In addition, you will be prepared to participate in ongoing training to ensure we maintain quality standards in our kitchens.
Remuneration is according to the Aged Care Award – Level 4 (and associated penalties/allowances).
If you thrive in hospitality supervisory roles, apply now through SEEK, addressing your application to the Village Manager.
Closing Date: Friday, 17 September 2021
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.
TriCare does not consider applications received through, or from, recruiters.