We are recruiting for a Food Service Attendant, a permanent part-time position up to 60 hours per fortnight, for our luxuriant aged care facility at Ashgrove in the inner city suburbs of Brisbane’s newly constructed inaugural facility.
This role reports to the Chef Manager, you will assist in the preparation of our quality, fresh-cooked meals and provide excellent service to the residents.
To succeed, you will possess experience, knowledge, and skills in the following areas:
- Experience working in a bulk catering role preferably in an aged/healthcare environment.
- Competent in food preparation, plating, and serving.
- Ability to step up to undertake the cooking function in the absence of your manager.
- Capable of prioritising work within established routines, methods, and procedures
- Safe food handling practices and knowledge of HACCP
- Excellent and prompt food service/post-mealtime cleaning skills
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment.
- Strong customer service ethos and empathy for the elderly
- Knowledge and adherence to Work Health and Safety guidelines.
Apply now, by submitting your cover letter and resume via SEEK to the Facility Manager.
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997. Our aged care residences are non-smoking workplaces.