Our Client, TriCare is one of Queensland’s leading privately owned retirement communities and aged care residences. Elderly Care has the privilege of managing the aged care division of the business.
Annerley Aged Care is managed by Elderly Care, we are recruiting for a Handyman Officer permanent full-time position. This role is to make sure every machine and equipment is working, walls are painted, furniture is built, work health and safety standards are 100% compliant, able to evaluate risk, communicate with managers, and resolve issues. No two days would be the same having said it’s a moderate intensity job.
Position: Handyman Officer
Location: Ashgrove Aged Care Residence
Type: Permanent, Fulltime
Qualifications & Experience:
- Previous hands-on experience in handyman, maintenance, renovations, or related fields
- Proficiency in anyone one of carpentry, tiling, painting, plastering, and other handyman skills.
- Fulltime working rights.
- Possession of a White Card (advantageous)
- Successful completion of a Police Check
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate time management skills.
- Customer service and interpersonal abilities.
- Maintain a professional and presentable appearance.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Problem-solving skills and meticulous attention to detail
As a seasoned handyperson, you will be proficient in a diverse range of maintenance tasks, from basic tasks like changing light bulbs to more complex assignments such as cabinetry repairs and painting. Your expertise will extend to commercial environments, and your interactions with residents, families, colleagues, and contractors will reflect respect and excellent communication.
If you are willing to contribute to a growing company in a collaborative team environment, we encourage you to apply now. Address your application to the Facility Manager and seize the opportunity to be a part of a smoke-free workplace that values resident comfort and safety.
Join us in making a positive impact on the lives of our cherished residents. Apply today and become a valued member of the Elderly Care team!
Please note that applications submitted through recruiters will not be considered.
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required in accordance with the Aged Care Act 1997. The aged care residences are non-smoking workplaces, and applications from recruiters are not considered.