Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare’s Labrador Aged Care Residence, a refurbished 70 bed residence located on the Broadwater at Biggera Waters, is recruiting for a full time Housekeeping Team Leader.
Your typical work hours will comprise 76 hours a fortnight to be worked Monday to Friday. You will be a ‘hands-on’ employee who accepts responsibility for the overall activities of our cleaning and laundry team. You are enthusiastic about maintaining the highest standards in environmental services.
The below skills, experience, qualifications, and attributes are required:
- Excellent knowledge and skills in cleaning, laundry, and infection control
- Leadership experience, i.e. delegation, team building and mentoring
- Aged Care experience is highly regarded
- Participate in recruitment and selection activities for environmental services team
- Roster management experience and undertaking of thorough staff inductions
- An eye for detail and strong organisational abilities
- Ability to compile and check duty lists
- Work Health and Safety awareness, including safe handling of chemicals and record-keeping
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer service ethos and empathy for the aged
- A responsible attitude in relation to resident clothing and personal items
- A focus on quality assurance and continuous improvement in work practices.
Evidence of current Flu Vaccination and full COVID-19 vaccination are mandatory requirements of the role.
Relevant certificate or diploma level qualifications in management, aged care or hospitality will be considered favourably. TriCare has a dedicated and professional training division to maintain currency of skills and knowledge.
Apply now, addressing the above criteria and highlighting your leadership experience and team management. Submit your applications via SEEK to the Facility Manager.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 2 March 2022.
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.
Our aged care residences are smoke-free workplaces.
TriCare does not consider applications received through, or from, recruiters.