Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare’s Labrador Aged Care Residence, a refurbished 70 bed residence located on the Broadwater at Biggera Waters, is recruiting for a casual Housekeeping Team Member.
Reporting to the Housekeeping Team Leader, your role ensures that our residents’ home is maintained in a hygienically clean and tidy state and that careful laundering of bed linens and resident laundry is undertaken on time.
On offer are varied am and pm shifts, including weekends. In addition, we seek your flexibility in providing annual leave coverage. You will receive 25% casual loading on top of your base hourly rate and penalty rates as applicable under the Aged Care Award 2010.
We are seeking an enthusiastic person who can demonstrate commitment to high standards of work and the utmost consideration towards our residents.
You have at least 6 months’ experience in a similar role, preferably gained in an aged care/healthcare environment. Other required skills and attributes include:
- Work cooperatively within a team environment
- Competent in the use of cleaning equipment and correct chemicals in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and procedures
- Hospitality/Healthcare environment laundry team experience (essential)
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Adherence to Safety policies and guidelines
- Good reading/comprehension skills
- Being physically fit
- Interest in covering shifts for, and being trained as, Catering Team Member will be looked upon favourably
Evidence of current Flu Vaccination and full COVID-19 vaccination are mandatory requirements of the role.
Possession of a qualification such as Certificate in Cleaning Operations or Health Support Services would be considered favourably.
TriCare offers access to opportunities for career advancement and on-going training, corporate health and superannuation funds offering benefits to members, employee service recognition awards and more.
Apply now via SEEK, addressing your application to the Facility Manager.
Closing Date: Friday, 29th July 2022
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.
Our aged care residences are smoke-free workplaces.
TriCare does not consider applications received through, or from, recruiters.