Our client, TriCare is one of Queensland’s leading privately owned retirement communities and aged care residences. Elderly Care has the privilege of managing the aged care division of the business.
Elderly Care, in partnership with TriCare, is excited to announce the commissioning of the Ashgrove Aged Care home, dedicated to providing exceptional care and services to elderly Australians. We are currently seeking a Lifestyle Coordinator who will play a pivotal role in promoting the health and wellbeing of our residents through engaging and purposeful leisurely pursuits.
Location: Ashgrove Aged Care Residence, 5.5 km south-west of Brisbane’s central business district
Hours: Casual – Availability required – Monday to Friday
Reporting To: Facility Manager
- Plan, coordinate, and facilitate a diverse range of lifestyle activities and events for our residents.
- Encourage and inspire residents to actively participate in scheduled activities to enhance their quality of life.
- Maintain meticulous documentation, including concise notes and accurate records related to resident participation and preferences.
- Ensure activity areas are well-equipped and maintained to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for residents.
- Collaborate closely with the Lifestyle Team, demonstrating leadership in coordinating activities.
- Utilize tablet technologies and clinical management software efficiently for efficient record-keeping.
- Demonstrate intermediate+ skills in using common Microsoft applications.
- Possess a strong passion for working with the aged population and improving their overall wellbeing.
- Create a warm and welcoming atmosphere, showcasing excellent verbal communication skills and a friendly demeanour while encouraging residents to actively engage in various activities and events.
- Skills in crafts, music, gardening, or alternative therapies will be highly regarded.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven experience in coordinating high-quality lifestyle activities, preferably within an aged care or healthcare setting.
- Proficiency in completing concise notes and maintaining accurate documentation.
- Certificate IV in Leisure and Health (or equivalent relevant qualification).
- Certificate III in Individual Support / Aged Care (advantageous).
- Demonstrated ability to lead and support Lifestyle Team Members.
How to Apply:
If you are a compassionate about enhancing the lives of elderly Australians through meaningful activities, we invite you to apply for this position. Please send your updated resume to the Facility Manager to apply.
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required in accordance with the Aged Care Act 1997. The aged care residences are smoke-free workplaces. Join us in making a difference in the lives of our residents at Ashgrove Aged Care Residence. Apply today!