Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
Tricare’s Hayville Retirement Village which is set in Box Hill on 12 acres with views of the Dandenongs, is seeking an enthusiastic person to fill a fulltime position as Maintenance Officer.
Reporting to the Village Manager, your role is to support the Retirement Village in ensuring the highest possible standards of repair, presentation and safety to the retirement community assets.
The following tasks are carried out:-
- Maintenance – Undertake a variety of property maintenance duties and repairs. This will involve a general knowledge of and experience in activities such as light bulb replacement, minor tap repairs, cleaning of roof gutters/drains etc, adjusting locks, minor repainting duties, door and window adjustments etc. A general knowledge of and skills with hand tools and portable power equipment would be expected.
- Gardens and Grounds Maintenance – Assist Gardener as required with project work and allied gardening duties
- Janitorial and Outdoor Cleaning – Maintenance of exterior presentation, including buildings, windows, power washing, pathways, BBQ areas, outdoor furniture, and disposal of waste
- Administration – Assist with audits of the retirement community and provide maintenance issues and actions reports.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:-
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role
- Sound maintenance skills with a broad range of applications
- Sound knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety procedures
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Current First Aid qualifications (i.e. if not, must obtain prior to appointment)
- Garden / Landscaping experience (advantageous)
- Driver Licence (Class MR) for relief village bus driver duties (preferred).
If this sounds like just the role you have been looking for, who can demonstrate commitment to high standards of work and the utmost consideration towards our residents, please submit your application to Ian Robert via SEEK.
Closing date: Friday, 11th February 2022.
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.
To view the position description, visit www.tricare.com.au/careers
TriCare does not consider applications received through, or from, recruiters.