Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare’s Mount Gravatt Retirement Community, a well-established retirement community on Brisbane’s southside is seeking an enthusiastic person to fill a full time position, as a Maintenance Officer.
Reporting to the Village Manager, your role is to support the maintenance team leader in ensuring the highest possible standards of repair, presentation and safety to the retirement community assets.
The following tasks are carried out:
- Maintenance – Undertake minor property maintenance and repairs
- Gardens and Grounds Maintenance – Including mulching and refurbishment of gardens
- Janitorial and Outdoor Cleaning – Maintenance of exterior presentation, including buildings, windows, pathways, BBQ areas, outdoor furniture, and disposal of waste
- Pool Cleaning – Maintaining water quality, use of correct chemicals and cleaners and maintenance of pool pumps and filters
- Administration – Assist with audits of the retirement community and provide maintenance issues and actions reports.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role
- Sound maintenance skills with a broad range of applications
- Sound knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety procedures
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Current First Aid qualifications (i.e. if not, must obtain prior to appointment)
- Garden / Landscaping experience (advantageous)
- Driver Licence (Class MR) for relief village bus driver duties (preferred).
If this sounds like just the role you have been looking for, submit your application to via SEEK, addressed to the Amanda Campbell – Village Manager – email@example.com
Closing date: Friday, 19 August 2022.
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.
TriCare does not consider applications received through, or from, recruiters.