TriCare is one of the Queensland’s leading privately owned retirement communities and aged care residences.
Mount Gravatt Retirement Community, is a well-maintained village, seeking a reliable, positive and skilled permanent part time handyman 8am-4pm, 4 days weekly.
Reporting to the Village Manager, your role is to support the village, using your skills to complete general handy tasks and ensure high standards of repair, efficiency, presentation and safety to residents and assets. You will also take the captain’s seat occasionally and drive our 21 seat village bus when the regular driver is on leave.
**If you don’t have a MR licence to drive the bus, that’s ok, all we need is a willingness to obtain the MR licence and capability. We are happy to train the right person.
The ideal candidate
You take pride in your work and are looking for a relaxed lifestyle position where you can truly take ownership and make the village a better place. This role suits someone with DIY skills who is semi-retired or looking for a part time role.
Residents look at our team as family and we would love to find someone that is looking for a long term position.
- Maintenance – Undertake minor remedial maintenance and repairs within residents units and the village. Along with ad-hoc requests EG. Painting, hang TVs, hang pictures, help with flat pack assembly, fix screen door rollers, change screen door locks, blocked toilets and other general tasks.
- Use of common hand power tools – in a variety of applications.
- Oversee contractors – Signing in contractors, ensuring Inductions and safe work.
- Generally Fit – ability to safely lift up to 20kg and willing to access roof cavity to investigate issues.
- Pool Monitoring – Maintaining water quality, cleanliness and maintenance of pool pumps and filters.
- Administration – Basic use of Email, internet, scanning and copying. Assist with audits of the retirement community.
- Gardens and Grounds Maintenance & Janitorial and Outdoor Cleaning – We have contract Gardeners and an outdoor cleaner/Bus driver. There is only minimal requirement to complete gardening tasks or outdoor cleaning in an adhoc capacity or during leave periods.
- Backup bus driver of our 21 Seat Village Bus while the bus driver is on leave. Driving residents to the local shops .
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- DIY handy skills & safe use of hand tools.
- A positive attitude and not too proud to ask for advice or take direction.
- Ability to diagnose and find solutions to maintenance issues reported.
- Great communication and customer service skills.
- A willingness to work by company procedures.
- General knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety procedures.
- Current First Aid qualifications (i.e. if not, must obtain prior to appointment).
- Driver Licence (Class MR) for relief village bus driver duties (preferred – ie, If not, must be able and willing to obtain).
- Working at Heights and Confined Spaces ticket – desirable but we are happy to provide training.
If this sounds like just the role you have been looking for, submit your resume and cover letter to us via SEEK, addressed to the Amanda Campbell – Village Manager.
If you have any questions about the role, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997. TriCare does not consider applications received through, or from, recruiters.