Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
Tricare’s Stafford Lakes Retirement Community in Chermside West on Brisbane’s northside, is seeking an enthusiastic person to fill a casual leave relief (currently 60hrs per fortnight) position as Maintenance Officer.
Reporting to the Village Manager, your role is to ensure the highest possible standards of repair, presentation and safety to the retirement community assets.
The following tasks are carried out:
- Maintenance – Undertake preventative and minor property maintenance and repairs
- Contractor Works – Oversee, where applicable supervise the activities of contractors and tradespersons works.
- Outdoor Cleaning – Maintenance of exterior presentation, including buildings, windows, pathways, BBQ areas, outdoor furniture, and disposal of waste
- Pool Maintenance – Ensure cleaning and presentation of the pools and that pumps and filtration systems are operating correctly
- Administration – Maintain maintenance checklists and records. Assist with audits and provide maintenance issues and actions reports
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role
- Sound maintenance skills with a broad range of applications
- Sound knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety procedures
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Current First Aid qualifications (i.e. if not, must obtain prior to appointment)
- Driver Licence
Apply Now if you are keen to work for a growth company in a collaborative team environment. Please address your application to Elvera Quilty, Village Manager.
Closing date: Monday, 1 March 2021
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.
TriCare does not consider applications received through, or from, recruiters.