Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences
TriCare’s Toowoomba Aged Care Residence, our 73-bed facility located in Mount Lofty, Toowoomba on the Darling Downs, is recruiting for a permanent part-time Maintenance Operator.
Reporting to the Facility Manager and supported by the Maintenance Supervisor at TriCare’s Head Office in Brisbane, you will ensure reliable, ongoing operation of plant and equipment and undertake all building maintenance. The position currently requires 60.8 hours per fortnight equates to 4 days a week.
It is expected to meet the requirements below:
- Provide high-quality workmanship
- Undertake scheduled, preventative, and reactive maintenance of building and equipment
- Complete tasks according to agreed deadlines
- Maintain accurate and legible maintenance records
- Use computers efficiently to access and action emails/work requests
- Maintain a safe workplace under the Work Health & Safety Act 2011
- Oversight of external contractor’s work
- Undertake project work as directed
To be successful in selection for this role, it is mandatory to meet at least one requirement mentioned below:
- Experience in commercial property repairs and maintenance
- Experience in working with real estate companies for repairs and maintenance
- Experience in working with an aged care company in a similar role would be an advantage.
- Experience in working full-time as a handyperson.
As an experienced handyperson, you will be competent in performing a wide range of maintenance tasks from simply changing light bulbs to the more difficult jobs such as repairs to cabinetry, painting and more. You will be experienced in carrying out maintenance work in commercial environments.
Further, you will be able to demonstrate good verbal communication and a respectful manner with residents, families, colleagues, and contractors.
Apply Now if you are keen to work for a growth company in a collaborative team environment. Please address your application to Gail Ryan, Facility Manager.
Closing Date: Tuesday 21/04/2023.
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997. TriCare’s Aged Care Residences are smoke-free workplaces.TriCare does not consider applications received through, or from, recruiters..To view the position description, visit www.tricare.com.au/careers