Established for 50 years, TriCare is one of Queensland’s largest private owners and managers of retirement communities and aged care residences.
TriCare’s Sunnybank Hills Aged Care Residence, a modern and recently refurbished 100 bed residence located on Brisbane’s Southside, is recruiting for a full-time Maintenance Operator.
Reporting to the Facility Manager and supported by the Asset Maintenance Manager at TriCare’s Head Office in Brisbane, you will ensure reliable, ongoing operation of plant and equipment and undertake all building maintenance.
It is expected you will:
- Provide high quality workmanship
- Undertake scheduled, preventative and reactive maintenance of building and equipment
- Complete tasks according to agreed deadlines
- Maintain accurate and legible maintenance records
- Use computers efficiently to access and action emails/work requests
- Maintain a safe workplace in accordance with the Work Health & Safety Act 2011
- Oversight of external contractor’s work
- Undertake project work as directed
As an experienced handyperson, you will be competent in performing a wide range of maintenance tasks from simply changing light bulbs to the more difficult jobs such as repairs to cabinetry, painting and more. You will be experienced in carrying out maintenance work in commercial environments.
Further, you will be able to demonstrate good verbal communication and respectful manner with residents, families, colleagues and contractors.
Previous experience in the Aged Care environment will be highly regarded.
Evidence of full COVID-19 vaccination is a mandatory requirement of the role.
Apply Now addressing your application to the Facility Manager.
Closing Date: Friday 19th August 2022
A satisfactory Police Clearance Certificate is required according to the Aged Care Act 1997.
Our aged care residences are non-smoking workplaces.
TriCare does not consider applications received through, or from, recruiters.